Monday, March 07, 2005

I am reading these two books to get myself a glimpse into the world of management consulting and trading/i-banking - the two feeder jobs for B school grads - and both the books are excellent reads so far. Thoroughly recommended.

One is Liar's poker, which follows the travails of a wannabe in the jungle of bond-trading @ wall street - just started it, and its already got me hooked. Its hilarious, and I wonder whether it smells of reality in certain parts :)

The other is, The Mckinsey way - a short book on the different ways Mckinsey folks approach and solve problems. Very fast read - but it has a lot of useful sane advice, which are applicable to fields not limited to consulting. I want to read it twice !

1 comment:

pradyot said...

try the McKinsey Mind too. An excellent read